Welcome to Horizons Unlimited
Natalie Jamieson and Kerry Hackeson are proud to announce the establishment of a joint partnership between Little-Gems / Oak Haven and Flutterbys. This phenomenal partnership now offers any child and their families from 2 years upwards with specific care and educational needs every possible service required to support their physical, mental and emotional needs.
Offering families and the special needs community a comprehensive range of services.
- Residential (Boarding) - A flexible residential service open throughout the year.
- Short breaks (also known as respite) services
- Enrichment Center, allows our children to discover their own potential through a holistic approach.
Our Facility Includes:
- Soft Play Room
- Sensory Room (Fiber optic lights, bubble tubes, specialized equipment, mirrors, music, aroma therapy)
- Arts and Craft Room
- Swimming Pool
- Jungle Gym
- Large Gardens
- Individual care plan
- Individual Program developing independent living skills
Our daily activities include occupational, speech therapy, physiotherapy and Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA).
Visit the Little-Gems / Oak Haven website.
Specialised education for the individual, We are a facility catering for any child who does not fit into the conventional education system.
The primary philosophy is that the system of education must fit the child and not the child fit the system.
Through an eclectic approach the child's ability to learn is unlocked. The approach to teaching is individualized mainly through multisensory techniques, sensory integration and Floortime.
Flutterbabes addresses the specialised education needs of children with mild to moderate physical and intellectual challenges aged 3-9.
Flutterbys addresses early intervention and takes children from 3-9. Flutterbys comprises the Early Intervention Phase 1 and Phase 2 groups.
Serurubele addresses the specialised education needs of children 6-15. Serurubele comprises the Reception, Junior, Elementary and Senior groups.
In the senior group the curriculum begins to focus on career development and life skills, with the introduction of various academic and technical certified courses.
The Inkululeko Adult Centre will address the specialised education needs of young adults. The focus of this programme is on skills development and entrepreneurship.
Visit the Flutterbys website.
Therapies and intervention techniques offered at both centres include:
- Neural developmental techniques
- Oral motor planning techniques
- Floor time/Greenspan
- South African Sign Language
- Relationship development intervention
- Pivotal Response Therapy
- Play Attention
- Therapeutic Listening
- Integrated learning therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA)
- Impak mainstream CAPS curriculum
- Montessori curriculum
- CLASSIC programme
The centers are 8km apart and a shuttle service is provided to cater for both boarding and educational needs.